Security of Aboriginal Hostels Limited's website.
AHL applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user's transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
The Australian Government accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this website or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user's computer system, software or data.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filter.
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses.
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser's security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure.
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender.
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites.
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends.
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone
- Never send your password via email
- Make your password as strong as possible
Australian Government cyber advice
The following web links are provided for general information:
- Easy steps to secure your devices and accounts | Cyber.gov.au
- Personal Security Guides | Cyber.gov.au
- First Nations Resources | Cyber.gov.au
You should report any suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of this website, ahl.gov.au by emailing email@example.com. This will help us make ahl.gov.au as secure as we can.